Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Just had to do it!

Got to thinking that this set wasn't finished without the socks! Yep, I said so as I posed the sweaters and hats the other day. Well, about ten seconds later, I pulled out the 'Knit a Dozen Baby Socks' book from American School of Needlework and the rest of the Baby Bee, Sweet Delights yarn that I had left over from the Sweaters and Hats, and off to work I got.

The boy's socks were the first to be finished. I added the 'Sunshine' color to the toes and the heels, with the Blueberry to finished up the little 'Bruin' socks. Then I wanted the girl socks to be a little more frilly. Right? So I added the ruffles. Actually, I knit the socks top down, so I started with the ruffles. Wanna know how I did these? Hold on a moment, and I'll post the directions. Get your "Knit a Dozen Baby Socks" book out while I type up the directions. They're short and easy.

No comments: